Need c.1980 25 Outrage near Mississippi Coast for Trailer Set-up Template

A conversation among Whalers
russellbailey

Need c.1980 25 Outrage near Mississippi Coast for Trailer Set-up Template

Postby russellbailey » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:26 pm

I'm interested in having Sport Trail build a trailer for my 1984 Outrage 25, but he does not have a template for my hull and it is too far to conveniently get my boat down there.

There are a number of boats with this same hull - Frontier and Temptation along with the Outrage and Revenge.

Ideally it would be one with Whalerdrive to be equivalent to mine with a Hermco bracket.

Please let me know if you either have or know of someone who has one of these.

Sport Trail is in Bay St Louis.

My email is in my profile.

Thank you, Russell

Jefecinco

Re: c.1980 25 Outrage near Mississippi coast.

Postby Jefecinco » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Russell,

Sports Trail do build an incredible trailer and having one built be Kevin and his team is worth a lot of effort.

If you are replacing an old but serviceable trailer it could be worth the time and effort to bring your Outrage to him for a perfect fitting including any allowances for the bracket. Since all the bunk mounts are cut and welded to the horizontal brackets any adjustments after the build will be both inconvenient and costly.

As your boat will ultimately need to be placed on the trailer it is far less risky to have it there before the build begins than later. He keeps all the customer boats in his fenced yard and I believe there is little risk yours will be fooled with. I left my wife's Sport 13 there as he did not have an exact fit template available for such an old boat. I did remove the very few items on a 13 that were easily pilferable but I'm a belt-and-suspenders-kind of guy.

There is a local Boston Whaler dealer in Bay St Louis, Breath's. if I recall correctly. They may know of someone locally who can help.
Butch