1994 21 Outrage Plans in PDF Format

A conversation among Whalers
nwwhalerguy

1994 21 Outrage Plans in PDF Format

Postby nwwhalerguy » Wed May 08, 2024 12:46 pm

Q1: from what URL can I download a deck plan for a [1994] OUTRAGE 21 in the portable document format?

I want to have the deck plan for a 1994 OUTRAGE 21 so that I can create a layout for a steel hoist in my boat house.

jimh

Re: 1994 21 Outrage Plans in PDF Format

Postby jimh » Thu May 09, 2024 9:04 am

nwwhalerguy wrote:Q1: from what URL can I download a deck plan for a [1994] OUTRAGE 21 in the portable document format?
Q2: what details or elements of the hull are shown in a "deck plan" drawing?

Q3: if you have the boat at hand, why do you need a drawing of the boat in order to design the lifting system?

Q4: what information on the drawing "deck plan" would be provided that could not be observed first hand from looking at the hull?

nwwhalerguy

Postby nwwhalerguy » Thu May 09, 2024 11:23 am

I'm drawing the lift system in CAD and want to see the boat plan in a pdf that I can import. The boat and boathouse are on the other side of the country, so I am trying to get a head start on the drafting work. In person is fine for lift points, but I also have another sailboat that will occupy the same slip and need to coordinate the steel structural elements with an old crib type dock structure.

jimh

Postby jimh » Sat May 11, 2024 3:04 pm

Thanks for further information on the need for the drawing of the 1994 OUTRAGE 21 boat in PDF format.

For newer Boston Whaler boats there are often detailed drawings of the components in the assembly of the boat, but even with these more recent models, there is seldom--if ever--a detailed plan view of the boat from overhead or from the side. For 30-year-old boats like your 1994 OUTRAGE 21, I doubt there still are--if there ever were--drawings available that would give an overhead view of the hull or profile view of the hull with a scale specification and accurate renderings. About the only drawings of Boston Whaler boats that were available for older models are wood locating drawings that show where in the Unibond hull embedded materials are located, accompanied with a table that specified the dimensions of the reinforcement material.

nwwhalerguy

Postby nwwhalerguy » Sat May 11, 2024 3:49 pm

Thanks Jim,

That explains why there appears to be no resources for that. I have some original brochure and manual stuff with the boat back in Maine, I will see if I can find a way to use those. For some reason I thought I remembered layout view in promotional materials for choosing options like captains chairs or leaning post layouts.Cheers!