Unsinkable: History of the Boston Whaler

A conversation among Whalers
mdplunkett

Unsinkable: History of the Boston Whaler

Postby mdplunkett » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:54 pm

A happy new year to everyone.

I am currently researching and writing a history of the Boston Whaler's first sixty years. The working title is Unsinkable: The History of the Boston Whaler. This is an independent project (I'm not affiliated with Brunswick) with an anticipated publication in the fall of 2017. I have spoken with Jim Hebert and some other long time Whaler fans, but I could use some additional help.

One of my objectives is to tell the story of the Whaler through the everyday experiences of those who know these boats best. Whether you helped build the Whaler in the 1960s alongside Dick Fisher or spent a career repairing or selling the Whaler, I'd like to hear your story.

Please visit the website: http://www.thewhalerbook.com

As Jim will tell you, I'm happy to speak with anyone as I put together this book.

Thanks,

Matthew D. Plunkett

E: thewhalerbook@gmail.com
Web: http://www.thewhalerbook.com

mkelly

Re: Unsinkable: History of the Boston Whaler

Postby mkelly » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:00 pm

I'd be happy to provide BW Pacific Northwest contribution if you have some geographical sections....might be a nice chapter to float around the country with a bit of history or stories. I have access to many old timers that could collaborate or maybe stumble across a priceless story. Look me up on the directory & plug my info in if you get to something you'd like to pursue.

mdplunkett

Re: Unsinkable: History of the Boston Whaler

Postby mdplunkett » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:24 am

I am certainly interested in highlighting the geographic spread of the Whaler. Part of the story is the Whaler's evolution from a regional to an international brand. Tom Clark in Seattle has been incredibly generous with his time; I'd be happy to continue mining the collective memories of the Pacific Northwest in search of information and stories about the Whaler.

I'll reach out to you directly to follow up.

Thanks,

Matthew D. Plunkett

www.thewhalerbook.com