Upholstery and mooring cover for a 2000 Dauntless 16

Repair or modification of Boston Whaler boats, their engines, trailers, and gear
Firestorm

Upholstery and mooring cover for a 2000 Dauntless 16

Postby Firestorm » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:30 pm

I have recently purchased a used 2000 Dauntless 16. It's a great little boat and it is in reasonably good shape except for the upholstery. This is due in part, I'm sure, to the previous (and current) owner not having a mooring cover. I would like restore this boat to close to factory condition. Other than a good detailing this should be fairly straight forward. However, I will need to purchase new upholstery that is as close as to original as possible. Ideally, this would include the Boston Whaler logo on the on the pilot seat backrest cushion. I know of two sources for Boston Whaler upholstery in the USA, Specialty Marine in California and Anderson Manufacturing in Florida, but none in Canada (not surprisingly). I also understand that W.J. Mills of New York makes mooring covers and bimini tops for Whalers.

Am I on the right track here? Has anyone used any of these suppliers? Are there other suppliers that I should talk to or that can be recommended? Does anyone know of any sources of Whaler parts in Canada.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Best regards,

Bryan

jimh

Re: Upholstery and mooring cover for a 2000 Dauntless 16

Postby jimh » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:49 pm

In the REFERENCE section you will find an article called "Original Equipment Manufacturers and
Recommended Vendors
." The vendors I list in that article are ones that I have first-hand experience with or have received many endorsements from satisfied customers about. If a vendor is listed and I get a several complaints about them, I re-evaluate their listing.

There is a section on upholstery. See

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/OEM.html#upholstery

There is a section on canvas. See

http://continuouswave.com/whaler/reference/OEM.html#canvas

CarverCovers

Re: Upholstery and mooring cover for a 2000 Dauntless 16

Postby CarverCovers » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:36 pm

We manufacturer Boston Whaler custom and semi-custom (styled to fit) covers for many of the Boston Whaler boats. Our custom covers are not OEM, but are designed to be an exact fit for specific boats. We do manufacturer a custom fit cover for the 2000 Dauntless 16 w/ bow rails (Part #10346*). This cover includes a draw-rope in the hem and a separate outboard motor cover.

There are a couple of options to secure the cover to your boat when using it for mooring purposes. Suction-cup tie-downs work well, as do mooring bags (sand-bags that attach to the tie-down loops on the covers).

We don't sell our covers direct to the public, but they are available across the US and Canada (and beyond) from any of our dealers or retailers.

We are happy to answer any questions at all.