Pacific Northwest Asking Prices for older Boston Whaler Boats
Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 12:19 am
I have somehow been recently pulled down the rabbit hole of classic Boston Whalers while pondering the next boat for our family of four in the in the Puget Sound area.
The pricing I have been seeing [for classic-era Boston Whaler OUTRAGE and REVENGE boats] is—quite frankly—outrageous.
Q1: on the west coast do Boston Whaler classic era boats sell at outrageous prices?
Q2: I know Boston Whaler boats tend to hold their value but is asking $20,000 for a boat that obviously needs new power delusional?
Q3: ultimately do buyers pay outrageous or delusional prices for used Boston Whaler boats?
Q4: would looking for [a used Boston Whaler that was re-powered with] a five-year-old engine be the best [buy]?
I am trying to gauge just how desirable these boats really are.
BACKSTORY
I looked at a 1981 Revenge recently, but I decided it needed too much work and had too many unknowns to purchase it.
Now I see a 1988 Outrage Cuddy available not too far away. It looks well kept but the engines are original to the boat. The seller is asking $19,500
But then again maybe this is the worst combination to find. Good running two-stroke on a good hull. The old timer that has run it for years can't imagine why someone would want new power.Perhaps best to look for a 5 years old repower?
Thanks for entertaining the questions. These boats are cool. There is something about them.
The pricing I have been seeing [for classic-era Boston Whaler OUTRAGE and REVENGE boats] is—quite frankly—outrageous.
Q1: on the west coast do Boston Whaler classic era boats sell at outrageous prices?
Q2: I know Boston Whaler boats tend to hold their value but is asking $20,000 for a boat that obviously needs new power delusional?
Q3: ultimately do buyers pay outrageous or delusional prices for used Boston Whaler boats?
Q4: would looking for [a used Boston Whaler that was re-powered with] a five-year-old engine be the best [buy]?
I am trying to gauge just how desirable these boats really are.
BACKSTORY
I looked at a 1981 Revenge recently, but I decided it needed too much work and had too many unknowns to purchase it.
Now I see a 1988 Outrage Cuddy available not too far away. It looks well kept but the engines are original to the boat. The seller is asking $19,500
But then again maybe this is the worst combination to find. Good running two-stroke on a good hull. The old timer that has run it for years can't imagine why someone would want new power.Perhaps best to look for a 5 years old repower?
Thanks for entertaining the questions. These boats are cool. There is something about them.